How to be happily married…
Reginald A.T. Armstrong •
At this point you are probably wondering if you are on the wrong blog. No, this is still the Armstrong Report of Armstrong Wealth. We still discuss financial planning, investments, taxation, etc.
But my wife and I recently celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary (which makes her a saint). I certainly don’t consider myself a marriage expert, nor do I presume that what works in one marriage will necessarily work in another. Still, if someone can benefit from our 30 years of marriage, then why not share? Here are a few bullet point thoughts.
- Keep Christ at the center of your marriage.
- Be slow to judge and quick to forgive.
- Humility is one of the most underrated virtues needed for marriage. Be humble.
- Marriage is NOT 50/50; it is 100/100. Love is sacrificial.
- Love is a decision of the will. You may not always feel lovey-dovey; but you can always decide to place the interests of your beloved above your own.
- Have Hope, especially during the tough times; they will pass.
- Be open to life. Children are a blessing.
Next post we will get back to business. Until then….